Monday, January 18, 2010

THE BLOGGER RETURNETH


It's 2pm on Martin Luther King Day. I'm wearing a tartan bathrobe. I haven't shaved in 5 days. And I feel and look like I'm about to pass out and fall face-first onto my keyboard.

Does that mean I'm a half-crazed insomniac? No. Well... maybe. But that's not the point.

I look like Hell because I've just completed the first draft of my new book!

I figured, what better way to celebrate than to post on my blog, which I have neglected for the last three months. As charming as I'm sure you all found my last post/poem about an adventurous lunchroom hot dog, I think it's time to bump that blast from my past down a post and spend a few minutes with my long-lost, but never forgotten, friend Blogger.

I attempted to start blog posts several times over the last month, but every time suffered writer's guilt--that is, I felt like my time would be better served on this beast of a writing project that has consumed my life and waking thoughts for the last six months. This is my solemn pledge to try harder to make my marriage with blogger work. And I will seek couples counseling if need be.

It's good to be back.

No comments:

Post a Comment